Why Does Acne Occur?
1. Acne can be caused by several different factors, including:
Hormonal fluctuations, specifically instability in hormone levels. Stimulation of androgen hormones can lead to increased sebum/oil production, which increases the likelihood of your pores becoming clogged.
2. There are two categories of food that can cause acne:
a) Foods with a high glycemic index, such as instant noodles, fast food, cakes, and pastries.
b) Acne has been associated with the consumption of whey protein found in milk, dairy products, and supplements containing whey protein.
3. Improper use of cosmetic products. Cosmetics that can clog pores and irritate the skin can lead to acne breakouts.
4. Using improper skincare products that contain comedogenic ingredients can result in increased sebum and oil production.
5. Emotional or physical stress. It is still controversial whether stress is a direct cause of acne severity, but there are studies suggesting that it may contribute to acne breakouts.